Friday, December 14, 2007

Shooting Guinea Worm Concert

Promised to be and lived up to being quite an event - Live instruments, musicians, lights, a stage, acrobatic dancers, and Miss Ghana. The stage was set up as you would imagine so I was picturing quite a mad scene what with weaving my way through a crowd of people to shoot, but it wasn't to be.

The area in front of the stage was off limits to everyone but us photographers so I got front and center - it appeared, as I was shooting, that the whole concert was in fact for me - if I panned the camera you would see a sea of people starting from the ground and going all the way to the sky as people were standing on the tops and sides of buildings. A couple of times all the power went out and people ran around getting the backup backup generators going.