Saturday, December 1, 2007

It Is The Best Bike

I got one in the New York City of Ghana - Kumasi. There are actually old buildings there, and seas of people. My first impression of the town was poor because of bad traffic but then upon walking around it was amazing. I like it a lot.

The bike is a small black Raleigh with dual suspension shock absorbers. I didn't realize what that meant until my reluctant test drive. I thought I wanted a cruiser bike - one of the old fashioned ones with the curved handlebars and big comfy seats. But then I rode, rather, gli-ded on the dirt road through potholes and all. I was blown away and had to get it.

Now I spend my days thinking about it and what I can do to make it happy. Today I bought it a nice black wire basket, a small silver bell, and a back rack for carrying water. I almost bought a big beautiful black and yellow seat but I wasn't sure it was the perfect one so I held back. I have been promised a polka dotted one from a friend so I am going to see how that fits. I also though about getting a shiny nifty red visor helmut, but again, I already have a helmut so I am going to wait until I have more money, since I suppose a stove might be more important (is it?).