Saturday, December 8, 2007

Killer Bees

My second night back we sprayed the killer bees that were hanging out in my roof with out permission. They are usually not out at night, that is, unless they are sprayed. I noticed some buzzing and all of a sudden I realized that they might be a bit angry about the spray. I ran inside and two got in, but I got them with my shoe. The people on the ladder exclaimed and ran away too. They left me alone with the Buzzing. I quickly accessed that I better turn my lantern off and get inside that net of mine.

I actually started out calm as any evening, recording audio of myself telling about the day, but then the buzzing got louder and louder and louder. I realized the little red light on my recorder should be turned off and that, as I could not see anything, there could be bees all around me. Since they smell fear too they must be attracted to me. So I wrapped myself and pretended to be a cocoon in my sleeping bag, which I actually do use in the currently cold mornings. I played music for myself to drown out any buzzing noise but the loud beating of my heart did not cease.

I actually thought I might die, and if not then, mostly of fright, in the morning when the bees would be waiting for me. I lay in fear for about 4 hours, and finally let myself out of the bag for air and passed out. The next night -- BATS.