Friday, April 11, 2008

Under Pressure

Today I was woken up on my veranda bed (it's so hot) and was suddenly asked to do something special for a visitor and Guinea Worm Soccer game for the afternoon. It was super - we put our little drama together, made costumes quickly, rehearsed and boom.

I was told I was horror & that I should never wash my face cause it was beautiful. I wore clown makeup with a few painted Guinea Worm wiggling on my face and had my hair in pigtails with pink clothed dangly arms & a polka dotted headband. I sat on My Buddy Abdulai's shoulders with a drawn cyclops on a sheet wrapped round us. We were the Monster Guinea Worm. A gun couldn't kill us but a filter could. Defeated I was carried off hanging upside down from a stick by the warriors.

This same morning found us finally on the first day of making the Guinea Worm video drama. Superstar is Alidu who is directing and it made him hungry! It takes longer than he thought... We are racing the rains cause they are coming.