Monday, September 17, 2007

Philadelphia

I am in Philadelphia for a 2 day "briefing" at a Sheraton Hotel - which has a reputation for The Best Beds - it's true.

There are 48 people here (30 female and 18 male)- 3 groups - Agricultural, Small Business, and Health/ Water Sanitation (my group). In my group there is 17 people (4 males). 6 people are over 40 in the whole group - the rest is hard to say.

During "briefing" as I call it I have done a lot of sketching, a good way to memorize everyones face.

Right now it feels like a TV show or a game. They gave us a debit card and told us to take all the $ off ($160 for food for 3 days) and then to destroy it when we get to Ghana.

We have been doing a mix of ice breaker activities and this workbook. While we answer questions in the workbook the Leader Lady turn on 80s music and it makes me laugh every time.

An interesting thing for the future - the second day we are there there will be a HUGE party with the Ambassador, I expect some GREAT outfits and head garments.