Monday, April 27, 2009

Village Bicycle Project

We scraped it through at the last minute, much credit to the crew that goes around and does this in Ghana. They sell bikes half price. Good bikes, and teach about them before letting them go. We signed up 60 people, mostly ladies, yea.

There were rumors we were going to run off with the money (before the bikes came) but now it's the best thing I ever did (I was 'warned' that would happen). The funniest part is that people yell my name when they see these bikes riding around, and some people don't like being yelled Puumaaya at (now they Know), but the people yelling say - hey - it has a good meaning. It means happy stomach but also when you want something and then you get it. It's not just a name, it's a word.

I am also being told I have finally lived up to that name, I brought development they can see every single day. Super.